The Section targets highlighting challenges to technological development and their trend-setting potential for sustainable, energy- and resource-efficient production.
Its work focuses primarily on the following areas:
- Methods and processes with high energy and resource efficiency
- Avoidance, reduction and disposal of pollutants by advanced process techniques
- Process-integrated, production-integrated and additive environmental protection
- Protection of air, water and soil quality
- Evaluation and reduction of environmental impacts in the areas of "air quality/particulate matter" and "soil/ground water"
- Use of renewable resources for energy and materials
- Challenges of climate change for technological progress
To this end, the Section benefits from the exchange of ideas and experience with the scientific community of the cooperating societies. It supports the societies by analysing the state-of-the-art of science and technology in the light of current challenges, particularly with respect to the aim of sustainable development, by defining research tasks, assessing and supervising projects, promoting knowledge transfer, and by its expert statements and involvement in education and training programmes.
Brief profiles of the Subject Divisions, Working Parties and Working Groups pertaining to the SuPER Section of ProcessNet are presented in the following. A Steering Committee, composed of the Chairs of the various bodies involved, discusses and coordinates the programme of SuPER.
Prof. Dr. Thomas Hirth,
Fraunhofer IGB, Stuttgart
Dr. Christine Stiehl,
BASF SE, Ludwigshafen