The Working Party is involved in the scientific evaluation of the formation, occurrence and impact of aerosols/particulate matter in the environment and the pertinent regulations.
Its foremost targets are:
- Discussion of the state-of-the-art of science and technology on sources, transformation and impact of particulate matter on health
- Identification of knowledge gaps and the implications for R&D
- Drafting of scientific and technical statements on the human health and environmental relevance of particulate matter
- Discussion of reduction measures
- Assessment of regulatory measures to prevent particulate matter