The German Catalysis Meeting has established itself as one of the most important European catalysis events, covering all aspects from research on the fundamentals of catalysis, the understanding of catalytic processes, catalyst design to reaction engineering and industrial applications. More than 600 experts from universities, research institutes and industry meet annually to present their research, exchange their ideas and share new developments and the latest results in all areas of catalysis. By expanding the onsite meeting in Weimar with novel virtual and hybrid formats, the event will offer even more opportunity for interaction and scientific exchange.
The conference has a double focus: To highlight state-of-the art research and development from theory to application, and to provide an opportunity for young scientists to present their scientific results, discuss their research with academic peers and build and expand a professional network. For the 2021 edition, renowned plenary speakers from academia and industry have been invited, setting additional highlights in the scientific programme of the conference. Presentations will be organized in two parallel sessions throughout the event so that all fields of catalysis will be addressed. An industrial exhibition and several poster workshops will accompany the scientific programme.
The "Katalytikertreffen" started as a small meeting of individual researchers in East Germany, who discussed catalytic results and commenced initial collaborations with industry. Today it has become one of the hotspots for the European catalysis community, stimulated by the special atmosphere in the beautiful and historically important town of Weimar.
So do not hesitate and join us to discuss recent academic and industrial innovations of catalysis research. Save the date and prepare your contribution! We look forward to meeting you in March 2021 in Weimar.
Depending on the development of the corona pandemic, we reserve the right to decide to hold the annual meeting online if necessary.
Please submit proposed contributions in the form of a two page abstract (max. 1 MB)
The conference language is English.
Please only use the conference template to correctly format your contribution.
Enter the author list (author and co-authors) and contact details in the same order as in your abstract!
DECHEMA will NOT make any changes or corrective action regarding the author information, so please make sure to check them accurately.
The selection of the contributions (oral or poster) will be based on the review of the abstracts by the Committee. Please contact us if you need further information. It would be a pleasure for us to help you.
The topics are as follows:
Academic-Industrial Catalysis Research
Catalysis for Polymer Synthesis/Recycling
Conversion of Bio-Resources
Digitalization of Catalysis-Related Sciences
Hydrogen Generation/Synthesis Gas
In Situ Characterisation/New Method
Model Catalysts/Surface Science
For the 2021 edition, renowned plenary speakers from academia and industry have been invited, setting additional highlights in the scientific programme of the conference.
Active sites and mechanisms in catalysis: Searching the needle in a haystack by in situ and operando spectroscopy
A. Brückner, Leibniz Institut für Katalyse e.V./D
Heterogeneous Catalysis for Sustainable Chemical Conversion: On metal nanoparticles, clusters, and single atoms at interfaces and in confined spaces
E.J.M. Hensen, TU Eindhoven/NL
Recent Developments in Low Pressure Carbonylations
T. Skrydstrup, Aarhus University/DK
Otto Roelen Medal 2020
Alwin Mittasch Prize 2021
|Malte Behrens||Universität Duisburg-Essen|
|Matthias Beller||Leibniz-Institut für Katalyse e.V., Rostock (Chairman)|
||DECHEMA e.V., Frankfurt am Main|
|Richard Walter Fischer||Clariant Produkte (Deutschland) GmbH, Bruckmühl and TU München|
|Udo Kragl||Universität Rostock|
|Johannes A. Lercher||TU München|
|Stefan Mecking||Universität Konstanz|
|Martin Muhler||Ruhr-Universität Bochum|
|Regina Palkovits||RWTH Aachen|
|Frank Rosowski||Technische Universität Berlin BasCat UniCatBASF JointLab|
|Nicole J. Schödel||Linde AG, Pullach|
|Peter Wasserscheid||Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg|
|Dorit Wolf||Evonik Resource Efficiency GmbH, Hanau|
congress centrum neue weimarhalle
- arriving at central railway station Weimar: bus no.1 direction city centre,
- get out at main post office/Goetheplatz, move forward to the post office (ca. 50 metres)
- turn left into Schwanseestrasse; after ca. 10 metres on the right side- take the entrance gate; through this you get to UNESCO-Platz and stand in front of the south side of congress centrum neue weimarhalle
- or you have a walk: 15 minutes from the central railway station Weimar, along Carl-August-Allee, cross Rathenauplatz, straigth on until you see congress centrum neue weimarhalle
By car or bus
exit Weimar-Legefeld following B 85 to Weimar:
- follow parking signs to congress centrum neue weimarhalle or:
- follow the signs to the town centre to Goetheplatz (along Karl-Liebknechtstraße to the next traffic lights, straight on, follow the main street until you see a pedestrian crossing,
- get in lane left and turn, in Thälmannstraße get in lane right; straigth on you see a tower and the entrance to the underground car park
B 7 from Erfurt:
follow the signs to the town centre to Goetheplatz, then see the same instructions above
B7 from Jena:
- follow the signs to the town centre, via Jenaer Straße, Friedensstraße to the 3rd junction controlled by traffic lights (Friendsstraße/Karl-Liebknecht-Straße)
- turn right, follow the main street until the 2nd pedestrian crossing, get in lane and turn left
- turn left on the following street (Thälmannstraße), straight on you see congress centre neue weimarhalle with its tower and the entrance to the underground car park
Parking around congress centre neue weimarhalle
- our underground car park (Day ticket 13,00 )
- car park opposite the entrance to the underground car park
- car park Weimar Atrium
- large car park Stadionvorplatz (Herbststraße) for cars and coaches, 5 min. walk
This information is supplied without liability.
Telefon: +49 (0)69 7564-333